Friday 28 March 2014

A Host Of Golden Daffodils

'A host of golden daffodils' by Neil Burley

Well, ok, five is probably not a multitude, but Wordsworth wasn't terribly specific!
I was provided with the fabulous Daffodil 2 image from LEJ Designs to work with this month.
 I imported the source image into my graphics program and did a bit of mirroring and scaling to create this bunch from the original single flower.

I laser printed onto my favourite coated card from Rymans before colouring with ProMarkers:
Petals: Yellow / Canary / Sunflower / Gold
Stems: Marsh Green / Forest Green / Pine / Leaf Green
Outline: Powder Blue

I mounted on some Bazzill card stock, using the really useful Stix2 Layer Perfect to help square everything up, used a sentiment from the Craftwork Cards Friend Sentiments die cut sheet with a piece of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon underneath using the Yellow and Sunflower ProMarkers to colour it to match. So that I could have a large white space for my CAS style, I used a 6x6" card to mount everything on.


No comments:

Post a Comment